Underpaid Claim

Is your claim underpaid?

If you filed an insurance claim and were not represented by a public insurance adjuster, your insurance claim was likely underpaid. With the representation of a Public Insurance Adjuster a claimant settles on average for 747% higher. You can work with a public insurance adjuster to challenge the results of your underpaid insurance claim and negotiate a better settlement for up to three years later.

If you think your insurance claim was underpaid a free consultation from a Public Insurance Adjuster can help you evaluate what opportunity there might be to turn it around.

Signs Your Claim was Underpaid

Type of Underpaid Insurance Claims

Water can damage a large area of a home and affect multiple floors. Whatever water has damaged should be replaced in its entirety. Any mold or water mitigation services damage also needs to be accounted for in repairs.

Roof leaks are most often the result of damage to the roof. Insurance companies will try to underpay these claims so that they don’t have to compensate the property owner for a new roof, especially when the roof cannot be repaired. If you have a roof leak claim and your settlement does not include payment for a new roof, there is a chance your insurance claim is very underpaid.

Insurance company staff adjusters will rarely do a comprehensive inspection of a property to search for wind damage. Fences, pool enclosures, screens, windows, and garage doors (all examples of property that frequently sustain damage in hurricanes) are just a few of the items the insurance company will overlook.

If you filed a claim and an insurance company calculated your damages as less than the deductible, you can assume they are trying to underpay the insurance claim. This is a sure sign that their desk adjuster is attempted to minimize the payment, and you will likely need a Public Insurance Adjuster and possibly an insurance attorney to put together a homeowners insurance claim to challenge them.

Denial of insurance claims caused by a covered loss is prevalent in Florida. If you believe the claim is legitimate but were given a denial, contact a Public Insurance Adjsuter to review it and see if there’s anything you can do about it.

Why Will an Insurance Adjuster Underpay an Insurance Claim?

Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Insurance Company?

An insurance attorney and a Public Insurance Adjuster are both an expert in insurance claims, knowledgeable in how insurance companies underpay claims, and can help you get the full payment you deserve for your home. If you think your homeowner’s insurance claim might have been underpaid, contact a Public Insurance Adjuster for a free consultation. They will review your claim to see if it was underpaid and if so, take the appropriate steps to get the money you’re owed. This may include suggesting the best way to dispute the claim until a satisfactory outcome has been reached. There are several ways a claim can be challenged and negotiated for a better result. Don’t hesitate to reach out for help if you think you may have been shortchanged on your insurance claim.

Commonly Asked Questions About an Underpaid Insurance Claim

No, it’s not too late to get a better settlement from the insurance company. If you believe your claim was underpaid, you must speak with a bad faith insurance lawyer who can help you get the total amount of money you deserve. They will review your claim and take the appropriate steps to get you the money you’re owed.

If you’ve already repaired the damage done to your home, you might be able to get a reimbursement from the insurance company. Gathering the appropriate receipts, pictures, and supporting evidence are all important steps in building a strong claim that can be presented. Speak with a Public Insurance Adjuster to learn more about what steps you need to take.

When you file a supplemental claim, you ask the insurance company to reimburse you for the money you spent above and beyond what they gave you. This claim can be for the amount of money you spent making the repairs.

When it comes to bad faith insurance claims, it’s important to put together a strong case and show the insurance company that you won’t stand for less than what you deserve. This includes submitting receipts for the repairs and estimating how much they cost. It’s also important to be as thorough as possible when filing your claim and make sure that you show the insurance company all of the damages that have been done. This will help ensure that you receive the full settlement you deserve.

Speak with a Public Insurance Adjuster to learn more about how to file a supplemental claim and get the reimbursement you deserve.

Up to three years a claim can be challenged, or a supplementary claim can be submitted. Repairs sometimes take months or years to complete. Especially when there are material or labor shortages. Prices can also go up further than were initially estimated. It’s only fair that a property owner can go back once the repairs are completed for an additional check to compensate for the total value of the claim.

No, your insurance claim is not closed if you cashed the check. This is a very common misconception. The insurance company often will underestimate the damages and send you an initial check so you can start the repairs, but this doesn’t mean that your claim is closed. You should still collect all receipts and documents along the way. Supplemental payments can be requested during the repair process.

Nothing. Insurance attorneys and Public Insurance Adjusters only work on commission. Reviewing claims to find opportunities to find new clients are welcome.

No, challenging the claim or filing a supplemental claim does not count as an additional claim on your record. If you feel like your insurance claim was underpaid, it’s important to take the appropriate steps to get the money you’re owed. This includes filing a supplemental claim or challenging the original claim. Speak with a public adjuster to learn more about what steps you need to take.

If you submit a claim and want to hire a Public Insurance Adjuster to assist you with your supplement, you will usually only be charged their commission on the additional money they are able to get for you. You will not have to pay them any fees for work that was performed previous to their involvement.

The results of a property damage claim can vary depending on how the property owner handled the claim with the insurance company, whether repairs have been started or completed, and how underpaid the insurance claim may have been. A quick review with a public insurance adjuster can give a more accurate assessment.

The length of time it takes to process a supplemental insurance claim will vary depending on the severity of the damages and the amount of money being claimed. In most cases, however, the process should be relatively quick and straightforward. In these instances, it might take bringing in experts. Speak with a public adjuster to get more information about the specific supplemental claim you’re filing.

Educate yourself first with a free consultation